Approved Members will have access to NIC programs and services that will promote and support uniformity of the practices of Cosmetology and Related Fields through Testing, Collaboration and a National Data Repository.
In addition, approved Members will have exclusive access to information that will:
- Provide a national forum to promote standards for consumer health and safety, and education for individuals entering the workforce.
- Promote and encourage reciprocity and standardization for the practice of cosmetology and related fields to increase workers mobility nationally and internationally
- Encourage consistency to provide opportunities for military service members and veterans to enter the workforce.
- Support and promote opportunities for the diverse populations entering the professions related to cosmetology, barbering, manicuring and esthetics.
- Encourage our partners to broaden education standards to support recidivism opportunities for individuals interested in working in cosmetology related vocations.
- Provide national Written, Practical and Written Practical examinations for entrance into the profession of cosmetology and related fields that are standardized, valid and legally defensible using psychometric principles.
States may apply to become an approved Active Member under the Gold or Silver membership tier.
Active Members – Entity or individual(s) provided for by statute, charged with the responsibility of enforcing or advising on enforcing the terms thereof, and regulating or advising on the regulation of the practice of cosmetology and/or related fields, which state board is an official member of NIC. Each Board Member shall be considered an Active member.
Programs and Services – Gold, Silver or Industry Partners
Dependent on membership levels, programs and services include, but are not limited to:
- Access to comprehensive “Members Only” website
- Access to National Database
- State Education and Licensing Directory
- NIC Publications, White Papers, Newsletters and Brochures
- Resource for legislation, rulemaking and Board meetings by providing national data
- Scholarship Opportunities
- NIC Exam Information
- NIC Safe Practices Examination
- Government Reforms & National Topics of Interest
- Virtual and In Person Conferences and Events
- Complimentary Registration for One Delegate to attend Annual Conference
- Annual Conference Registration Discounts
- Networking Opportunities
- Executive Director Committee Updates
- United State Map – Provides Links to Test Administration Providers/States
- Sponsorship Opportunities
Provides access to the NIC National Database and more! The fee for Gold Membership is $2,500.00 annually.
Provides exclusive access to specific programs and services. The fee for Silver Membership is $1,500.00 annually.
A new opportunity has been created for our Industry Partners. This new service is designed to provide a national forum for Companies and Associations to network with State Board Members and Executive Director’s throughout the US.
Industry Partner Members will have access to Silver Member Benefits. The fee for Industry Partner Membership is $1,500.00 annually.
Membership year begins July 1 – June 30. Membership fees must be submitted and renewed annually, or will expire and no longer allow for access to Member Benefits.
Contact Rosanne Kinley at email@example.com for assistance.