Networking is defined as:
- the action or process of interacting with others to exchange information and develop professional or social contacts.
- the linking of computers to allow them to operate interactively.
The Mission and Vision of NIC is focused on building networking opportunities through our national testing, collaboration, national data repository; and virtual and annual conferences.
Our efforts for networking opportunities include:
- Support our partners (members and non-members) on the topics of education and consumer health and safety in the cosmetology, barbering, manicuring and esthetics professions.
- Host Spring and Annual National Conferences to encourage networking among states and other jurisdictions.
- Attend board meetings, association meetings, and legislative hearings upon request to share national standards regarding education and consumer health and safety.
- Encourage sharing of information and best practices among states and other jurisdictions.
We encourage anyone to sign up for our notifications to stay informed on national information that is available to our partners and members.