NIC'S VISION IS MULTIFACETED
- Provide a national forum to promote standards for consumer health and safety, and education for individuals entering the workforce.
- Promote and encourage reciprocity and standardization for the practice of cosmetology and related fields to increase workers mobility nationally and internationally
- Encourage consistency to provide opportunities for military service members and veterans to enter the workforce.
- Support and promote opportunities for the diverse populations entering the professions related to cosmetology, barbering, manicuring and esthetics.
- Encourage our partners to broaden education standards to support recidivism opportunities for individuals interested in working in cosmetology related vocations.
- Provide national written and practical examinations for entrance into the profession of cosmetology and related fields that are standardized, valid and legally defensible using psychometric principles.